Fluid & Hydration Status
The QuadScan4000 multi-frequency Bioelectrical Impedance Analyser offers a quick, easy, economical, portable and non-invasive alternative to other methods of fluid assessment and body composition.
The MultiScan5000 is one of the world's leading Bioelectrical Impedance Spectroscopy (BIS) devices. MultiScan5000 instantly creates reports on hydration, over-hydration, physiology, body composition, cellular health, weight loss, health reports and much more.
- Non-invasive Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis, Body Composition assessment
- Non-invasive assessment of hydration and nutrition status
- Assess Nutritional Status of patients on admission and pre/post-surgery
- Monitor Lean Body Mass, rather than Total Body Weight to determine the patient's response to nutritional supplements
- Determine if weight gain is due to increase in Lean Body Mass or fluid retention
- Test can be performed at the bedside, versus other more cumbersome and expensive methods
- Measurement of Volume of Fluid Overload (OHY) in litres
- Monitor the Prediction MarkerTM during hospitalisation – without the need to weigh the patient and irrespective of gender, age, weight, population group
- Track potential risk of lymphedema in post-operative patients and monitor cellular health.
- Ease of use allows for regular monitoring of status as frequently as required (minutes, hours, days, etc)
- Far more informative than Body Mass Index (BMI) which does not distinguish between fat and muscle weight